HAMI IMANI AFRICA
GOD IS WITHIN HER SHE WILL NOT FALL.
To see women become spiritually focused and self-reliant through life skills and equipping and thereby generating a sustainable livelihood for their families.
BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAS BEEN ENTRUSTED TO YOU TO ACHIEVE THE GOALS OF THE ORGANIZATION.
Prayer Foundation –
THE WORD OF GOD AND PRAYER IS THE FOUNDATION OF EVERYTHING WE BELIEVE AND BUILD ON.
BEING TRUE TO SELF AT ALL TIMES
TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED AT ALL TIMES
Team Spirit –
BEING SUPPORTIVE OF EACH OTHER TO REACH OUR GOALS
UPHOLDING HONESTY AT ALL TIMES
Spiritual and socio-economic empowerment of women, care of girl child and children through Spiritual / Social, Life skills training and Advocacy for reproductive health.
Our Mission & Vision
WHO WE ARE:
HAMI IMANI AFRICA is a ministry that seeks to help women, Teenage Mothers and children who are emotionally vulnerable, physically abused and oppressed, and have the need to overcome and live a purposeful life. We provide opportunities for women to create productive economic assets that allow positive change by creating channels for women and girls to become financially stable. We aim to achieve this by building assets that enable the women to have a self-sustainable livelihood.
A space where they feel that; ibelong, imatter and igrow
Kenya has a population of 26M women according to the 2019 population estimates. Out of 26M 70% of these women live in the rural areas with no sustainable income. Most of these women are illiterate having had no access to education due to:
- High Poverty level preventing access education services.
- Having dropped out of school because of teenage pregnancy.
- Forced early marriages as a source of income by family members.
- Lack of sanitary pads which force girls to stay home during menstruation period hence poor performance at school and eventually dropping out.
These factors have led to high rates of illiteracy and low education amongst Kenyans, and specifically has hurt women and children. Therefore, our response is to use the Word of God to share the Good News that our debt has been paid, we are loved completely by God, and through Christ, we can live a life of abundance.
SUSTAINABLE PROGRAMS & TRAINING
TAILORING PROJECT – BLACK ONYX AFRICAN DESIGNS
BEAD WORK – BRACELETS OF LOVE
Titus 2 Women
SANITARY TOWELS PROJECT
LIFE INTERNATIONAL – SANCTITY OF HUMAN LIFE
AREAS OF FOCUS
BUSINESS / EDUCATION
- Help alleviate poverty among the rural women by creating and supporting small and medium enterprises that enable them to earn a sustainable income for their families.
- Help Teenage mothers acquire vocational skills such as Tailoring, craft making and design while helping others go back to school to complete their education.
- Encourage and Promote education for the Girl child in the rural communities as a way of empowering women for the future.
- Manufacture and distribute free reusable pads to rural girls in schools and women in communities as a way of minimizing school drop outs and promoting personal hygiene.
- Promote reproductive health by creating access to reproductive health services such as mass immunization for babies, antenatal care and postnatal care for both expecting and nursing mothers.
- Advocating for reproductive health through proper family planning, pre-born children are saved from abortion, women and men receive healing from past abortion and lives are transformed.
- Seeking to disciple and build relationships that will be sustainable in small groups to keep accountability.
- Engage in spiritual development and empowering Women/ Children through the word of God and the Foundation of prayer.
- Counseling and guidance to experience healing and forgiveness and help hurting Women / Children realize their full potential.
- Reach out to women / girls who have gone through abortions to give them post recovery counseling.